Love, Brittney

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Angry Uterus

So, when we got married, I realized Trevor knew NOTHING about pregnancy, periods, women’s reproductive system, etc.
We’ve had lots of fun talks about fertility, ovulation and periods.
I explained multiple times, but the guy just wasn’t quite getting it.
Sachi and I were cramping and angry at the same time one month, and were sending each other funny period/cramp/angry women comics.
I sent a couple of the best ones to Trevor, which is what finally got home to him just how uncomfortable periods (mainly cramps) are and why.
Here is how he understands cramps/periods:
I’m fertile – I ovulate
My uterus prepares for a baby
I don’t get pregnant
My uterus sheds its preparations and is ANGRY there is no baby
 
It punishes me brutally for the lack of baby
This makes sense in his head.
So now he doesn’t ask how my period is or my cramps.
He says,
“how is your angry uterus?”
My cramps have been EXPONENTIALLY more PAINFUL and last LONGER than they ever did.
What’s to thank for that?
You guessed it,
BIRTH CONTROL.
CURSE YOU, BIRTH CONTROL!
One day this last round when I was really hurtin’ badly at work, I get this Snapchat from Trevor:

 
Thanks, babe. I'll do my best.
 
Love,
Brittney

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home