Love, Brittney

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Telling the fam

After we heard the news, we were more than a little in shock. I don't think I could think clearly for...well, not sure if I still am.

After we walked out of the doctors office, we called my parents and Bob. Luckily it was still early enough here that they were awake.

We got them all on speaker and they kept asking, "So, is it a boy or girl!"

I said, "it's a girl!"

And then Trevor said "and a boy!"

Everyone started reacting after I said girl, and I think there was probably a lag, and they didn't get it...

They kept saying, "tell us! is it a boy or girl!"

And every time we said both, they kept fighting back on who was right and to just tell them already. 

I kept saying, "it is twins!" They kept saying, "seriously, boy or girl!"

I kept saying "TWINS!"

And they kept saying, "you are teasing us! What is it!?"

Finally, we got them to believe us. Dad and Bob went quiet... my mom kept saying "OH MY GOSH!!" over and over.

I called and told my other siblings. No one seemed super shocked. 

I dropped Trevor off at work, and I went home to make boy/girl cupcakes. We had planned to just tell the Schauerhamer's the same as my parents, "boy or girl". But when we found out it was twins, we had to do something better than that.

I made these cupcakes, then we frosted them really well so you couldn't see the color.





This is one proud daddy right here!



We handed everyone a cupcake (luckily everyone could make it in such short notice) and they opened them at the same time.

It was awesome! Some people shouted, "it's a girl!"

While others shouted, "it's a boy!"

Then they looked at each other confusedly and finally Trevor's mom said, "one of each?" 

It was pretty great.



And there you have it. The unveiling of the Schauerhamer twins!

Love,
Brittney

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I wish I had been there!

May 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home