Love, Brittney

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Thor and Loki

 We had our 16 week gender ultrasound today. I’ve been seeing the Nurse Midwives group at IHC, and they don’t tell you the gender until your 20 week anatomy scan. We had already had one ultrasound through them, but was too early to tell gender. They did say 70% they thought girl.

My friend’s Dr’s office offers a 16 week gender ultrasound, complete with a DVD and pictures, for $30. 

Pay $30 and find out the gender a month early. That was a no brainer for Trevor and I. It isn't affiliated with a Dr. and isn’t a medical exam. They said on the form we had to sign it was solely for “entertainment purposes” which I found hilarious.

The night before, I was so excited I didn’t really sleep. I’ve fallen in love with this baby. It was a tough road, coming so unexpectedly, but I’ve fallen for this little baby head over heels. I often would start tearing up because I wanted to hold Thor so much. The last week waiting was utter torture!

Trevor filmed our last ultrasound, which I’ve watched many times since. I asked him to film this one as well, and then we realized we get a DVD. So I thought he wasn’t going to film it. Luckily he did. They finally call us back and I lay on the table, bursting with excitement to see my baby and find out the gender.

There is a big screen in front of me showing the ultrasound. Before I even look at the screen the ultrasound tech says, “so you know you are having twins, right?”


Uh…. I can’t even describe what went through my mind at that point. I weakly get out, “What?”

She says it again. Twins. I then begin to tell her this isn’t funny, there is only one baby - we just had an ultrasound.

Thank goodness Trevor did decide to film this! We have this moment of utter shock all on camera. The best part is he is filming what is obviously twins on the screen, while I haven’t seen them yet, I’m looking at the tech and arguing with her about teasing me about twins.

Trevor is nervously laughing in the background. It’s awesome.

At the end I say, “What do we do?” and Trevor says, “take care of them.” Thank goodness I’ve got this awesome man by my side! I’m so grateful for him!

As soon as she said twins and I saw these gorgeous babies on the screen, I started crying. It was such an emotional moment. I love how the video shows the emotional aspect of it, while also being utterly hilarious.

We’ve got a set of boy/girl twins.

Turns out Thor (baby B) was too lonely and needed his sister (Baby A). We’re calling her Loki. Seems fitting, being the sister of Thor. Plus I’ve been informed Loki is a Hawaiian name and means flower. So there you have it. The true story of Thor and Loki Schauerhamer.

We’re thinking Oliver Thor and Elaina Loki. Kididng. Well, maybe not. We’ll see J

We are completely in shock. Our world has been turned upside down. This pregnancy was totally unplanned (and shouldn’t have been able to happen in the first place…) and has taken me 2 months to accept and another to get excited for. And now we’re told at 17 weeks it’s TWINS! I feel like I just found out I’m expecting all over again.

Financially, physically, emotionally – in every way this changes our plans and our lives dramatically.

It has helped validate this pregnancy though – I’ve been so sick and so tired and all my symptoms seem worse than other pregnant moms at my stage. I was starting to get down on myself thinking I’m just weak or I’m being a baby.

Finding out about the twins makes everything fit together. Getting big so fast, being so so so sick and tired, the achy joints already. It all fits.

When I first found out I was pregnant, I had a dream I was pregnant with twins. I’m not a prophetic dreamer, so part of me brushed it off. The other part wondered if the Lord was preparing me for something. 

Then my stomach popped out way early. I thought for sure it was twins. I kept telling Trevor, “I’m too big for a single baby. It has to be twins.” He did research at work one day on twin symptoms, haha. He’s so cute. When I went in for the first ultrasound, I was super nervous to find out if it was twins or not. And the tech only found one baby (which I think was Loki. She is in front, Thor is in back. Plus she said she thinks 70% girl, so that is my guess) so we left completely relieved that there is just one!
 
Then to find out over a month later there are TWO!
 
And all the ultrasound pictures! I’m already the crazy mom who posts hundreds of pictures almost the same of her kids because she can’t choose the best one – they are all amazing! Even via ultrasound I think these guys are ADORABLE! 
 
TWINS!
 
 
 
 
 
Baby A - Female - LOKI
 



Baby B - Male - THOR






 
 

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D It looks like Thor is punching Loki in one of the pics!

April 23, 2014 at 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home