Love, Brittney

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Tribute to the Worlds’ Greatest Husband

Seriously.

This pregnancy hasn’t been easy on me. I don’t think pregnancy in general is ever easy, but holy moly is it harder than I ever expected.

I’ve been really sick. I don’t throw up, I dry heave. I get sick like I need to throw up, and then just dry heave over and over and feel so sick afterwards. If I start in the morning, the rest of the day goes downhill from there. And occasionally my body will give me a nice surprise by actually throwing up, when I’ve become conditioned to thinking no matter how sick I feel, nothing will come out (this happened one morning and luckily I was holding my breakfast plate and threw up all my breakfast over my remaining breakfast. Gross. Or the time Trevor asked me if I wanted a banana in my lunch and I thought about eating a banana and got sick).

Being this sick means I can’t do much. I can’t go in the kitchen, which means I can’t make food, open the fridge (or be in the living room when the fridge is open), do dishes or even fill up my own glass with water. It’s been so frustrating to me to be so utterly helpless. I’ve had to depend on Trevor for basically everything nutrition wise. I’ll try to get myself water and the sink sets me off and I’ll just start dry heaving and have to lay down till the nausea subsides.

One day I stayed home from work and had to warm up the lunch Trevor left for me. After several unsuccessful attempts to get near the food, I sprayed the kitchen with fabreeze, stuck a Preggie Pop (these things actually do work! They help a lot with the nausea) in my mouth, covered my face except for my eyes in a shirt and was able to get the food in the microwave.

This is my life.

I struggle to allow anyone to help me, let alone ASK for it. It’s been something I’ve had to work on in my marriage. Being this sick has given me no choice but to ask Trevor for just about everything.

On the mornings I get frustrated and fed up and just want to be able to do something for myself, I’ll start to fill up my water bottle or get something from the fridge and immediately I’ll start dry heaving. Trevor will yell from the other room, “I don’t even feel bad for you right now! All you have to do is ask me and I’ll help you.”

Our mornings consist of Trevor waking up while I struggle to accept I have to get out of bed/try to come back from my coma-like state. He makes us breakfast. He comes and gets me out of bed while singing and smiling and telling me he loves me. We eat breakfast. He does the dishes. He fills our water bottles and packs our snacks/lunches.

I try and eat, get dressed and brush my teeth without dying.

EVERY SINGLE MORNING.

The man doesn’t complain. EVER. Not only does he never complain, he is ALWAYS HAPPY. He is always happy to make breakfast, do the dishes, grocery shop.

I’m not kidding. I keep thinking he’s going to get frustrated with me over my lack of being able to do anything, even get out of bed (pregnancy fatigue IS SERIOUSLY NOT OK) but he doesn’t.

I can’t go grocery shopping. I walk into the store and try but get sick and have to leave. He’s done all our grocery shopping since we got pregnant.

The fatigue has been brutal as well, which means we still haven’t unpacked/clean from our move. Life in the cave is messy and chaotic and congested and it’s driving me nuts. But between being sick and exhausted I haven’t made much headway.

There are a myriad of other symptoms I get to deal with on a daily basis, but the sickness is the worst.
Now that I’m in the second trimester, I’m starting to feel much better.

I can now go into the grocery store without getting sick and having to leave. I’ll still gag sometimes but usually can plug through it.

I’m able to help with cooking! I still can’t do meat, but I can help with veggies and the rest of the meals.

It’s slowly getting better.

This pregnancy has definitely brought Trevor and I closer together. It’s taught me a lot about humility and asking for and letting Trevor help me. It’s also shown me what an amazing man I married.

It’s given him the opportunity to show me how much he loves me, and how willing he is to help me, no matter what. And his attitude! Holy cow. He is always helpful, always happy. I know it’s exhausting on him to carry the brunt of most of this stuff I can’t help with anymore. Or am too tired to help with.

I love him so much, and am so grateful for all he does for me every day.

I am so lucky to be married to my best friend and the best man in the world!

Love,

Brittney

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home