Love, Brittney

Thursday, March 28, 2013

5 Months

So, I’ve heard a lot of advice on dating/marriage over the years. People have said to make sure you date longer than 6 months to get engaged – because people start to get more comfortable in relationships about that point. They stop trying to be on their best behavior all the time. Their real personality comes out.


That’s always scared me. And the longer you know someone, it’s true – the more their real personality comes out.

Trev and I are at 5 months. And we’re becoming even more comfortable with each other. Our personalities are coming out more and more. We’re less reserved, say weirder things, and don’t really worry what the other person is thinking about us if we say a certain thing. The unconditional love bit is coming through, I suppose.

AND I LOVE IT.

Neither of us has ever put on a front or tried to be something/someone we aren’t. We have been real and honest the whole time.

BUT.

There has been a level of… holding back? A little. Not a ton. And I didn’t even really realize it was happening until lately, Trevor has been cracking me up ALL THE TIME.

And I realized, as we’ve gotten to know each other better, dated longer (lets be honest, 5 months is pretty epic for a dating couple) we’ve both held back less. I didn’t even know Trevor was doing it.

He’s always been funny… but as he’s been holding back less and we’ve felt more comfortable – his sense of humor has really gone crazy. Some of it is probably I get him better than I used to, so I think he’s funnier… but a lot of it is that he’s filtering less and I love it!

He makes me laugh all the time. ALL THE TIME. He says the weirdest/dumbest/most ridiculously funny things.

I think it’s a good sign – when most people have warned me to be weary of the 5-6 month mark because personalities come out stronger, that instead of him driving me crazy or realizing things about him I don’t like - I’m loving him more than ever.

PS – He had a man night last night. Gym and Tucanos, most likely followed by some sort of gaming… can’t get much manlier than that. So I didn’t see him yesterday. He texted me before he went to bed,

“Baby! I know I am so in love with you when I miss you on man night!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!”

Umm…. Ok seriously? How can I honestly resist a man as sweet as this?


Love,
Brittney

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I just smiled and smiled the entire time I read this! Couldn't be happier for you!

April 1, 2013 at 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home