Love, Brittney

Monday, June 2, 2014

4th Trimester

Trevor and I came to a huge realization this weekend.

In a twin pregnancy, there is no 2nd trimester.

You know that trimester women talk about, when the crazy sickness and fatigue goes away and you actually feel normal again? Good? At the very least, not horrible any more. And that lasts the entire 2nd trimester, till you start to get big and uncomfortable and the sickness starts coming back, and you’re in the 3rd trimester, where you just want that baby out.

I had a rough 1st trimester. I daydreamed about this alleged awesome 2nd trimester. A friend of mine at work who is also pregnant was at the beginning of the 2nd trimester and would tell me how she felt completely normal, except for the little tummy she was getting. Other friends echoed the same experience. At 13 weeks I was so encouraged, so hopeful. I WAS GOING TO START FEELING BETTER. I waited and prayed and HOPED.

Yeah… that didn’t exactly happen. By the time the 1st trimester awfulness started to get a little better, I was getting bigger and way uncomfortable. Not to mention this horrible ligament pain that makes EVERY SINGLE MOVEMENT feel like I’m going to die.

I completely missed the 2nd trimester.

I feel the way women in the end of the their 3rd trimester describe. I look 8 months pregnant. I have for a month. And I’m 22 weeks.

So, Trevor and I decided that with a twin pregnancy, you just bypass this awesome 2nd trimester.

You move from the 1st to the 3rd. And when you are at the end of your “3rd” trimester and think you CAN’T DO IT ANY MORE, you still have your 4th trimester.

AWESOME.

Seriously, these babies better be worth all this.

Love,

Brittney

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

They will be

June 9, 2014 at 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home