Love, Brittney

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Girls Weekend

Since I couldn’t go on my Costa Rica trip because of these crazy twins, my amazing friend Sachi arranged for a girls weekend for us in Park City. She is seriously such an amazing friend. I was really stressed about going, since It’s hard to really understand how sick and immobile I am unless you live with me and see it (poor Trevor).

Before she was to pick me up on Friday, I had a breakdown (umm… more like my hormones completely took over and I went a little crazy…). Trevor came home from football and asked me if I was packed, which I wasn’t. I immediately started crying and blubbering on about how he’s my best friend and I love him so much and I can’t leave him and the twins love him so much and …. I seriously lost it. He’s just holding me and I’m sobbing about how much I love him. It’s hilarious looking back, but at the moment I was having quite the meltdown. I told my brother the story, and his response was, “wow, must be a huge ego boost to have your wife say all that”. Hopefully that boosted Trev’s ego, and didn’t make him question my mental health.

I stopped crying, packed and Sachi came to get me. She took me to my favorite place, My Thai. And she had an awesome surprise – Brittney Henderson was coming with us! It was so great to spend some girl time with her as well. We rarely hang out – usually when I see her I’m babysitting or we’re also with Randy.

We went to this gorgeous hotel in Park City, went to the adults only pool/spa, and then watched a movie. It was so nice and relaxing. I fell asleep pretty late, much later than I’m used to. I woke up feeling sick the next morning – which is pretty standard for me until I get breakfast.

At home, Trev is amazing and he gets up every morning and makes me breakfast. Then he wakes me up and pulls me out of bed (so I don’t have to whale-crawl out).

I’d brought snacks for the day, since I knew I’d need them. I ate my protein bar and had water and Gatorade. I still felt sick. I ate some amazing Kneaders bread Brittney had brought – I still felt sick. I ate a granola bar I’d brought – still felt sick.

I started to feel so sick I ate some of the leftover Thai food. I still felt sick.

Sachi woke up and we had to hurry to get our pedicures to make our time. The place was in a little mall and really nice. The ladies who gave us our pedicures were especially nice.



They even added some pink to my toes to represent Thor and Loki.


I’d still been feeling sick, and it was continually growing.

All of a sudden, the twins attacked at full force and I puked without warning. I didn’t have a chance to move. I threw up all over my shirt, my purse, my hair (yeah for having my hair down instead of a pony tail which I almost always sport these days) and this nice Park City pedicure place. I threw up between my legs, so most of it landed in the pedicure foot bath, which made for easier cleaning but was just as humiliating.

New most embarrassing moment.

They didn't have a bathroom in the pedicure place, so I had to walk through the mall to get to the bathroom – covered in puke and holding a rag to my hair to keep the hair puke from dripping. It was horrible.

We went to a place to get some breakfast/lunch after, and I was still not feeling well. Trevor met us there, and we went back to the hotel. Brittney left to go home, and Sachi had to go to work for a couple of hours.


At the hotel I started throwing up again, so Trevor took me home.

That was our girls’ weekend.

I felt so horrible that Sachi and planned this nice weekend and done so much for me, and spent the whole time sick and had to leave early.

This 100% confirms that it is a really good thing I didn’t go to Costa Rica. I would have been sick and throwing up the entire time. I didn’t go mostly because of mobility issues – I can barely walk these days. I didn’t know that the twins had gotten so used to dad’s breakfast every morning they’d freak out and make me sick if they didn’t get it.

I really think a big part was that they could sense my distress at leaving Trevor, and then I didn’t get enough sleep, didn’t get my normal breakfast, and they could sense we were in a different place and dad wasn’t there and they just got upset and made me sick until Trevor came and took me home.

And there you have it. My new most embarrassing moment.

It was so fun until I got sick. I'm so grateful for such great friends!!! Sachi setting it up, and Brittney coming. It was so fun to spend time with these amazing friends.

Love,
Brittney

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home