Love, Brittney

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Happy First Year Anniversary!!!

This year has been insane... 

I’ve had 3 different jobs, Trevor has had 2 (all within the same companies, just different positions). We’re on our 3rd move (2 of which I’ve done pregnant). We’ve gotten (accidentally) pregnant. Found out we’re expecting boy/girl twins. Bought a house. Taken trips, dealt with personal struggles, made life altering decisions.

They say the first year of marriage is the hardest. The first 4 months or so were pretty hard at times, I won’t lie. Learning to be married isn’t always easy. Learning to live with someone from a completely different background. Learning how to be a wife wasn’t always as intuitive as I expected it would be. Overcoming certain expectations, understanding how I work, my needs, and communicating those needs was a challenge I didn’t expect.

But one thing is for certain – I married the best man in the world.

I thought I knew Trevor when we got engaged. I was terrified of getting married, but loved him so we did it – got married.

I’ve realized now I didn’t really know him before we were married. I did, to a degree, enough to know he is worth marrying – but I truly know him so much better now. And I hit the jackpot with him.

He tells me he loves me and I am beautiful multiple times a day. I kid him, because he isn’t good with words. As in, writing me love notes or stuff of that nature. But the guy is amazing at reminding me he loves me all day. He doesn’t do it in a routine, habitual way. Every time he says it so I know he really means it. And he tells me I’m beautiful. Even now, when I’m hugely pregnant with twins, swollen and fat and feel so unattractive – he tells me I am beautiful. And I know he means it, because he looks at me in his Trevor way with such sincerity.

He is so service oriented. He’s always willing to help a friend, even if it is inconvenient. He over books himself, because he can’t turn someone down. He serves me non-stop. He makes me breakfast every day, which I can’t begin to say how much it means to me. With this pregnancy, his thoughts are for my well-being from morning night. He puts himself and his needs on the back burner every single day.

He’s happy. Seriously, he’s always happy. He rarely gets moody. He’s solid. I’ve always loved how he’s such a happy guy, but never realized what a true blessing it is in my life until after marriage. With all the changes and curve balls life has thrown at us, this man has never ceased to smile about it. He takes it as it comes and enjoys it. With as sick as I’ve been this pregnancy, he has every right to get frustrated with me or at least the frustrating situation – but he doesn’t. He continues to wake up every morning and make me breakfast with a smile on his face. I love this about him.

I could go on and on. Trevor is seriously my best friend. We have so much fun together, all the time. I am way more in love with him today than I was a year ago when we got married. He makes me want to be a better person. I still get butterflies when he kisses me, when he’s on his way home from work and I can’t wait to see him.  This pregnancy has been totally unexpected and quite difficult, but it’s brought us closer together and for that I am so grateful.

I’m excited for the next year, to see the joys it brings. We will be a family of 4! HOLY COW!

Trevor Freaking Schauerhamer, I love you more than I can say. You have become part of me. I still fall asleep at night thanking God that you are by my side. That I am lucky enough to be your wife.

Love,

Brittney

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home